Sunday, April 19, 2020

April 13-19 Investigation blog

What is Industrial Design?

Design => A plan or specification for the construction of an object or system or for the implementation of an activity or process, or the result of that plan or specification in the form of a prototype, product or process.

Designer => The person who produces a design, which is a term generally used for people who work professionally in one of the various design areas

Examples
1. Textile designer
2. Fashion designer
3. Product designer
4. Concept designer
5. Web designer
6. Interior designer

The rational model

The rational model was made by Herbert A. Simon, an American scientist, and Gerhard Pahl and Wolfgang Beitz, two German engineering design theorists.

It consists of:
1. Designers attempt to optimize a design candidate for known constraints and objectives
2. The design process is plan-driven.
3. The design process is understood in terms of a discrete sequence of stages

My Thoughts on the Rational Model

I think that it is something that I would typically follow throughout making some sort of design for either the project that I was working on, the keyboard. Or anything else that I would go about thinking to improve a design on. I like the first step, because I think that is something that should come naturally to someone who wants to design something. I take something that I already know exists and try to think of ways to improve it. The rest of the model seems a little to robust though for my liking, I like to grab an idea and continue to improve as I move throughout the project. When I think of something that is plan-driven, I think that you get so focused on the plan that you lose the purpose that you started out for. And that is to improve the thing that you are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arts Festival

My Project Due to the pandemic, this was the furthest that I was able to get, in completing my project for the keyboard: I was ...