9/22/19 Work Blog
Brainstorming
Lately I have been brainstorming on what project I want to do. Right now, I have no clear-cut vision of what project that I want to start on. It will involve something that can be related to the real world, I just don't have any device that I want to start creating. There are a few things that I have in mind of what I want to do, but they are only a jumble of thoughts right now. The first idea that I have in mind is the keyboard, where I will make my version of a keyboard, with its own design. The second idea is that I would design a tablet, showing all the components that go inside of it. It would also have an attached keyboard to it, and comes out a certain way.
Keyboard design
Tablet design
The tablet design will have the size of a typical piece of paper, and with a small border surrounding the screen. On the back of the tablet, there will be a simple keyboard design attached to the back. The keyboard will come out in a way that it will almost give the impression that it was a laptop to start out with. However, when converting back to tablet, the keyboard will be hidden within the device, giving the impression that there is no keyboard present. This is something that I want to design, because on many other builds that I see, the keys, on a keyboards are exposed when converting to the tablet design. In fact, many of the other tablets, that do not come with keyboards, have attachable version, but the keys are still exposed when folded back. In the image to the left, the keyboard come attached to the laptop/tablet, but when the person wants to convert the tablet, the keys on the keyboard is showing on the back, with is not a nice looking design in my opinion. In the image to the right, the keyboard has the ability to be attached to the tablet, but this causes one more thing to keep track. Even though the hassle may be small, it may lead to be an annoyance to the user. So, with the design that I am going to create, I plan to get rid of all those small things that only hinder a better experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment