Monday, September 2, 2019

Hybridity Investigation





Hybridity

What I Have Learned About Hybridity

Image result for elon muskThere are many things that hybridity has brought to view for me, and the ways that it can be incorporated. One of the first things that I have learned about hybridity, is the basic definition of hybridity, which is one of the most important things to understand. Where I define hybridity as the combination art and something that would be like technology, science, or somethings related to that. The next thing for me to understand hybridity, is how it can be applied to the real creation of art. For instance, an artist may combine their art with displaying it with a bunch of stacked televisions. This would be an example of combining his/her art with technology. Another simple example, would be the typical volcano project, where the artist can model a volcano, which would be art side. Then the artist would create an eruption, which would involve some sort of chemical reaction, in which that would involve hybridity. Where this would be a combination of art and science. All in all, I have realized that the application of hybridity almost seems endless. Relating to Elon Musk, I have learned that he uses hybridity in art to make the lives of people easier and to advance technology as well as incorporating art into his business. He uses artificial intelligence and the uses of electric cars to advance the technology of today, but uses art to make his technology appealing to people.


How Do Contemporary Artist Use The Concept of Hybridity In Their Artwork?


Image result for elon musk
Through the research that I have done with Elon Musk, one display of hybridity that he has done is the Tesla car. The hybridity in this, is where he combines the art of building nice design that is incorporated with cars, and the new technology of artificial intelligence and electric cars. The rate at which technology in this area will only advance at a quicker pace, because he is able to use hybridity. People are attracted by how to car looks, but also attracted by the new developing technology that is incorporated with it. Elon understands this, and tries to do this each time he comes out with a new model, making sure that the vehicle looks nice and has advanced the technology someway or another. Other artist may use hybridity to involve some other meaning, like portraying their art in a different way. Elon musk uses it to help his advancements of technology, and other artist may incorporate hybridity to show a different side of their artistic style.

How Might You Be Able To Use Hybridity In Your Own Art?


Image result for art with technologyI'm going to go with same route as Elon Musk, where he strives to advance his technology in some way or another, by integrating the art into it. I will create an art that includes the use of technology in it, so that the technology itself will not look bland. In addition, if it was just the model of the art, where it had no real application in the world, it would be meaningless. I believe that my art is going to entail art that uses technology to create its own meaning. Creating an object that cannot be used, and only looked at, is not what I want to create. I want to create something that people may interact with and be able to use in their daily lives. By combining my art with technology and science, I imagine my art will be able to achieve that goal. For instance, I want to create models of devices, like tablets phones, or maybe something bigger like software. My desire is that I just want to make something that is appealing to the eye, the art, and the where the users are also interested in the new technology and application my art may have. So that the people become more willing to explore the things that I have created in a critical or casual way.

Is There Something That You Found In Your Investigation That Specifically Interested or Inspired You?

Something during my research that inspired me was how successful Elon Musk is with his company. This inspires me because it gives a sense of hope that I could be able to become successful with my hybridity. Even though I will probably never reach the level of Elon Musk, it still give me insight of how he did, and that I can use him as an example. I want to be able to achieve the same things that he has, but in my way. Not doing the same exact thing, but going about it in a way that I am most familiar with and creating the art that I have always envisioned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arts Festival

My Project Due to the pandemic, this was the furthest that I was able to get, in completing my project for the keyboard: I was ...