Sunday, November 24, 2019

11/24/19 Blog Post

11/24/19 Blog Post

I have finally finished the base of the keyboard. Even though it probably was not in the most efficient way made, it was a very repetitive process. I think that the base of the keyboard turned out pretty well, using the image as a reference. I didn't make any checks on the actual measurements of the holes of the keyboard base. I made the keyboard have some sort of holes, because with most gaming keyboards, they contains mechanical switches which sometimes be replaceable. Those switches are then placed into the inserts of the keyboard base, and finally the key caps surround the switches. If the inserts are not far enough into the base of the keyboard, it can easily be pushed further down into the keyboard base.




The next object that I have to move onto is the switch, will be the most challenging part of the whole entire keyboard. I was not able to make any progress on it last week, because I was trying to find any tutorials on it but had no success. I then tried to find some pictures, but they were not to my liking because I want to make the individual parts of the switch, not the switch entirely connected together. This way the animation of the keyboard can be more dynamic in how it look, feels, and how it comes together. I can find the individual pieces but not in multiple views, just one side angle. I will either have to settle with the connected switch or try to do my best with the limited view of the  multiple pieces of the switch. 

Once I have finally completed the switch, I will then start with the lighting inside of the switches, this should not be hard because, they should already have a component for the lighting part. Then I just have to made part of the switch transparent, which still will be new for me in Blender 2.8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arts Festival

My Project Due to the pandemic, this was the furthest that I was able to get, in completing my project for the keyboard: I was ...