My Progress
This is my current keyboard that I am using as a reference keyboard which is a 60% keyboard:
At first I focused on the keys of the keyboard, trying to make then curved. I learned how to use Bevel curves and learned more about the interface of blender 2.8 and where everything is. I struggled at first with where everything was and didn't know how to view selected object. It was a little bit slow at first, but then I started to become more comfortable with how everything was working.

These keys were my start of making them, but I had to start over because they were not hollow. When making the keys, I also learned how to use arrays of object and them partition them, making them all their own separate objects. I started over and then make them hollow inside because I am going to make the switches inside the keys, which allow the keyboard to know when a key is pressed.
Then I moved onto the new keys, here is some pictures.
Once completing the keys, I then moved onto the base of the keyboard, which is what I'm still working on right now. Here is the current progress right now:
The progress is kind of slow, because I can't find any tutorial that shows me through the steps of how to make a keyboard in each component that makes it up. However, I think that everything is going well and that I am most likely going to finish the base of the keyboard.





No comments:
Post a Comment